This is the first time that I have seen all these pictures side by side. (The final one is current) I have to tell you there is something I like at every stage. Well I didn't like the soccer mom stack that much but that cut was birthed from a botched cut.... So it was better than a chunk missing out of the back. I always get asked why I cut it. To be honest I don't have an answer. My answer is truly just why not? This is not my first rodeo and maybe the reason I'm not too worried about it. First was in high school and yes it was inspired by Kerri Russell and the show Felicity. I never thought I could go short with curly hair. But thank you Kerri you made us all believers!
And now seeing this picture I apparently was more okay with a fro than I am now! I will say that both times I have cut my hair I have felt like I was starting new. And I always feel bold afterwards! There is this small lie that I was lead to believe...Your hair will be so easy they said, you just have to get up and go I was promised. Well straight hair gals you need to apologize for spreading those lies to us thick curly hair girls! Although my hair is so much cooler in the summer, it is NOT easier. It is triple the work. In order to be "easy" I would have to go shorter and a buzz cut is just not an option for me at this moment. My curl is cut in half. What does this mean you ask? It means I have devil horns if I try to rock my curl. And the only time I dared to run to the store with devil horns, I saw someone I went to high school with. I think I saw her last in high school. Awesome....grrrrrr.... Go ahead, tell everyone we went to high school with how horrible I look now! Okay that is exaggerating I know but bad hair can make you feel this way. So this insecurity leads me to flat iron my hair every day! Not only a pain in my bum but I'm sure I am really damaging my hair. So this brings me to the grow out. ( yes my husband will love to hear this as he is not a fan) For me I just miss my curls. Almost as much as I missed the red! I don't think I want it as long as before. I just want to wash and go and this can only happen for me with a little length back. My husband does not understand why I go get my hair cut every 8 weeks and come back "looking the same" so I've decided to just forgo cuts during the grow out and rock the mullet! Because you never know when you need to go from business to party at a moments notice! Tehe
~d


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!